Belay Tech is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to support the team lead in management and organization of the Geo Solutions products and artifacts. You should have customer domain knowledge, an understanding of CWH/EWH data, strong project management skills using Agile development, strong software process background, knowledge of AEA products and workflows, and experience with MS Office, Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Reviewing (and possibly documenting) Product Strategies
- Creating Quarterly Status briefings to include highlights and updates for all products
- Maintaining Product Architecture diagrams
- Establishing/Tracking AEA Milestones
- Working with product teams establishing/maintaining product roadmaps
- Risk Management/Mitigation
- Monthly Status Reports
- Supporting JIRA product backlog and Confluence documentation
- Supporting action items passed down from AEA/PES/IDS management
- Attending product planning meetings and tracking progress/milestones at a team level
- Evaluating requests for new capabilities
- Documenting work estimates
- Monitoring/coordinating software releases
The Principal-level Systems Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least eighteen (18) years in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- At least ten (10) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding senior-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Experience in many various system design and development to include: articulating the architectural vision; conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches; creating models and component and interface specifications documents and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions.
- Detailed experience developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations
- Experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- In depth experience performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to analytic workforce; demonstrated ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transfer of acquired knowledge from experienced analysts to new analysts
Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- Software development background
- Knowledge of Geo Data and solutions ideally across the IC
- Tech SIGINT background
- Knowledge of the Xplorer Framework
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMPrSE