Belay Tech is seeking a System Administrator to work on a critical mission with a fun group. You should have Centos administration, Bash Shell Scripting, and Apache experience. Must have a DoD security clearance at the highest level.
- Centos administration is a must have skill
- BASH Shell Scripting is a must-have skill
- Knowledge of PKIs - Creating openssl server certificates, Java Keystores, Conversion of certificates into different formats (PEM, DER, PKCS8 - a.k.a. .p12)
- Apache HTTPD - must have experience in building, configuring, deploying
- Apache Tomcat - must have experience in building, configuring, deploying
- Cron (scheduler) - Experience in scheduling daily, nightly and weekly jobs on CentOS servers where necessary.
- F5 Big IP Load Balancer experience is a plus.
- Tcl (Toolkit Command Language) - F5 iRules are written in this language
- Perl - Building perl modules and dependencies, knowledge of using CPAN repositories in Perl Builds - especially for installation and configuration of Bugzilla Bug Tracking application
- Python building and installing (Versions 2 and 3)
- Experience in building/installing tools and utilities for CentOS/Linux from source (gcc, g++)
- Experience in Yum (for CentOS updates) - Must be able to configure Yum configuration files from Linux source; Experience in building Yum repositories is a plus
- Experience in Virtual Machine Hypervisors like MASH and VMWare; Creating VM instances, taking snapshots of running VM instances for disaster recovery purposes (MASH, VMWare); Importing/Exporting VM Instances (VMWare)
- Assist Lead Sys Admin with installation of rack-mounted equipment (switches, routers, firewalls, load-balancers)
- Experience with STE tools like Centrify
- Experience with auditing tools like SEER
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Ten (10) years of experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, RRSA2