Belay Tech is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for primarily front-end/User Interface Software Development utilizing the latest web technologies (React, Redux, NodeJS) and some level of direct customer interaction, user support, and involvement in other areas of the software lifecycle. All candidates shall possess a full and active DoD clearance.
- This position has opportunity to branch out into other areas of web app development, such as Middleware, back-end, database support, DevOps, Software Deployments, testing, requirements, and data analysis.
- Interested candidates should be highly flexible and willing to adapt to an evolving landscape of modern web apps.
Work Labor Category Requirements:
- At least six (6) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least three (3) years developing software UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 5 - 7) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- Developing and coding at least one OOS.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Perks and Benefits
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and develop ideas, architectures and agreements to support the interfaces between products.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Experience using and querying relational and non-relational databases such as MongoDB, and ElasticSearch.
- A general understanding of integrations to include dataflow and interface solutions.
- Basic familiarity with at least one recent front-end framework, such as React Angular, Vue, etc.
- Experience with NodeJs.
- Experience with ES2017 scripting language.
- Experience with Nginx Web Server.
- Experience with Redis open source in-memory database.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, Maven, CVS, Subversion, and other development tools and environments.
- Familiar with requirements management tools, planning and defect tracking tools such as JIRA and TRAC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented – define and documents business rules.
- Experience working in teams.
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AAMidSWE